You may have heard that there is now a panel of specialist accredited lawyers who deal with criminal law in Jersey. This ensures that your lawyer is an experienced specialist lawyer with expertise in this area of law.
Due to the recent changes to Legal Aid, if you are eligible for Legal Aid you can now choose your own lawyer from this panel of specialist criminal lawyers. This is an exciting development as it means that clients now get the benefit of choice of lawyer even if they are legally aided. They can choose someone they trust and can feel confident in their representation.
Advocate Darry Robinson is accredited to undertake this work. He has a wealth of experience dealing with criminal law matters and has represented numerous defendants in Jersey dealing with an extensive range of offences. Darry is known for his advocacy skills, attention to detail and his commitment to his clients. If you would like to know more about Darry please do not hesitate to contact us on 875875.
Are you eligible for Legal Aid for your criminal matter?
In order to be eligible for legal aid there are two tests that you need to satisfy;
- The financial test;
- You must evidence that you are financially eligible – your personal capital must be below £50,000 and your personal income below £50,000 or you are only in receipt of Income Support you may qualify for Legal Aid.
- If either your capital or income exceeds the above you will not qualify.
- The nature of the offence;
- All criminal matters in the Royal Court;
- All criminal matters in the Youth Court;
- All criminal matters in the Magistrate’s Court, except minor motor-related and criminal offences.
If you think you may be eligible for Legal Aid please complete your application here Criminal | Legal Aid Jersey
If you are not eligible you can still contact Advocate Robinson and our criminal team in order to take advice on your criminal matter. Please contact us on 875875 or by email at Darry.firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.